Take care of your wrap and it will last a very long time. Some basic tips for maintaining your new wrap and keeping it looking it’s best are included.
Whenever your car appears dirty, wash it. The oils, dirt, and other contaminants left on your become more difficult to remove with time. Use spray water whenever possible.
- Do no use any abrasive polishes or cutting compounds
- Do not use any polishing or wax products on matte or textured films
- Use all purpose cleaner if there is wax or wax residue on the surface
- Only use Isopropyl alcohol and water (2:1) on Matte or Satin vinyls
Soften difficult contaminants such as bug splatter, bird droppings, tree sap and similar contaminants by soaking them for several minutes with very hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry. If further cleaning is needed, test one of these products in an inconspicuous area to ensure no damage to the graphics: Meguiar’s Gold Class™ Bug and Tar Remover or 3M™ Citrus Base Cleaner. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) (two parts IPA to 1 part water) or denatured alcohol may also help. Spot clean the contaminants. Do not use rough scrubbing or abrasive tools, which will scratch the film. Wash and rinse off all residue immediately
Use one or more of the following (listed in order) to clean depending on how difficult the cleaning is.
- Hot, soapy water solution
- Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and water (ratio 2:1)
- Simple Green® All-Purpose Cleaner
- Household chlorine bleach; followed by IPA/water (#2)
- Mineral spirits; followed by IPA/water (#2)
Store Indoors or Under Cover
Vinyl graphics (just like paint) are degraded by prolonged exposure to sun and atmospheric pollutants, particularly on the horizontal surfaces such
as hood, trunk lid and roof. Whenever possible, store in a garage or at least in a shaded area during the day. At night protect the car from dew
or rain, which may contain acidic pollutants (a common problem in many large metropolitan areas). When a garage is not available, consider
using a cloth car cover at night. If your graphics start to discolor or turn brown, immediately remove the graphics from the vehicle to avoid staining
the underlying paint.
Do not spill fuel on your wrap
If you do, wipe it off immediately and then wash it off completely as soon as possible.